ecogarden was established in 2006 by qualified horticulturist Sam Sproal. Drawing upon a solid respect for the natural environment, a Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Development (Murdoch University), Cert 3 in Horticulture, and over 12 years of experience in landscaping, Sam can help you create an outstanding outdoor environment that doesnt 'cost the earth'.
Apart from landscaping, ecogarden also offers a comprehensive lawn and garden maintenance service.
the ecogarden philosophy
ecogarden is committed to environmentally responsible and sustainable landscaping. As such we always endeavour to:
- use recycled, reclaimed, plantation and sustainably grown timbers
- minimise the use of materials which are energy intensive in their production or supply chain
- eliminate products that impact negatively on the environment
- minimise disturbance to soil structure and retain soil on-site where possible
- incorporate local indigenous vegetation, providing food and a habitable resource for native fauna
- reduce water use by designing gardens that require natural rainfall only
- reduce the use of fertilisers by using plant species that are adapted to local conditions
- incorporate elements of passive solar design and permaculture
- encourage the installation of production area's within the landscape, ie; vegetable gardens, fruit trees.
- design landscapes that require little ongoing maintenance
QUALIFIED. eXPERIENCED. CREATIVE. eFFICIENT....
COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY